Ideologies, values and political behaviors in Central and Eastern Europe
Actualizat: March 26th, 2017 la 10:29 am
Invitation to the 15th edition of the International Symposium
“Ideologies, values and political behaviors in Central and Eastern Europe”
Organized by the Politics Department, West University of Timișoara
Place and date: West University of Timisoara, Romania, 24-25 March 2017
Deadline for proposals: 01 March 2017
Dear Madam / Sir,
It is our pleasure to invite you to participate in the upcoming 15th edition of the International Symposium “Ideologies, values and political behaviors in Central and Eastern Europe”.
The event aims to bring together researchers interested in Central and Eastern European politics. We welcome paper proposals from scholars on political topics in Central and Eastern Europe as detailed below. The proposal should be no longer than one page and it should include a short Curriculum Vitae. All selected participants will be informed before the 15th of March 2017.
Selected papers will be published in a forthcoming volume of the Political Studies Forum, a journal edited by the Politics Department of the West University of Timisoara.
The conference will include panels like the following:
• European capitals of culture (panel coordinator: Lect. Dr. Corina Turșie, West University of Timișoara)
• Higher education policies (panel coordinator: Prof. Dr. Robert Reisz, West University of Timisoara)
• Political History: Theoretical Perspectives and Case Studies (panel coordinators: Prof. Dr. Vasile Docea and Lect. Dr. Mihai Panu, West University of Timișoara)
• Political ideologies in a changing world (panel coordinator: Lect. Dr. Lecturer Emanuel Copilaș, West University of Timișoara)
• Political parties (panel coordinator: Dr. Laurențiu Ștefan, Presidency of Romania)
• Political psychology (panel coordinator: Lect. Dr. Sorin Predescu, West University of Timișoara)
• Politics of development (panel coordinator: Lect. Dr. Lucian Vesalon, West University of Timișoara)
• Social movements (panel coordinators: Dr.Viorel Proteasa, West University of Timisoara and Associate Professor Dr. Liviu Andreescu, University of Bucharest)
• The politics of science and scientometry (panel coordinator: Senior Researcher Bogdan Voicu, Romanian Academy of Sciences, Research Institute for Quality of Life)
These are just some of the scientific topics that will be addressed during the conference. We also welcome contributions on similar topics from the fields of political science and international relations.
Until now, two keynote speakers have announced their attendance to our conference: the public intellectual and philosopher Gáspár Miklós Tamás and Prof. Dr. András Bozóki, Central European University, Budapest.
There is no participation fee. Unfortunately, the organizers cannot cover the costs for travel and accommodation, and we recommend you to apply to your own university for such funds. We can, however, assist you with reservations in the university dormitory and other practicalities.
For further information, details and for sending the application please contact Mr. Emanuel Copilaș at email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking forward to welcoming you in Timișoara!
Prof. Dr. Robert Reisz
Prof. Dr. Silviu Rogobete
Lect. Dr. Lucian Vesalon
The Organizing Team
Dr. Viorel Proteasa
MA Victor Prunar
Lect. Dr. Emanuel Copilaș